I love EDC posts. It’s nice to be able to see into someones world, even if it’s just a glimpse into their pockets or bag.
The Bag (1)
L.L. Bean “Quad”. Great backpack. Holds a lot of stuff, with an included laptop area. Good interior pockets for keeping small things (see below) and big things alike.
The Knife (2)
Army surplus knife, labeled “MTech”. I bought this years ago. It’s not great, it doesn’t hold an edge for long periods of time and generally it’s cheap. That being said, it cuts stuff well enough for me, and given enough force, I could use it for defense.
The Wires (3)
- USB A to Micro USB cable
- USB A to lightning connector (for not included iPhone 6 Plus)
- Burts Bees Lip Balm
- Mini Altoids Tin
- Some allen wrenches
The Rig (4)
- Dell Latitude E6410 (Quad-core i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB Solid State Drive) - My Linux-powered daily driver.
- Arch Linux
- Fish Shell
- 2 16GB flash drives
- 1 2GB flash drive
- FreeKey keychain with Gerber Shard, house and car keys
- AmazonBasics wireless travel mouse
- Power brick
The Pens? (5)
- Aston Pen Rollup case with:
- iPhone 6 Plus. Nice device, I love the size, it acts more like a tablet for me than a phone, but it’s nice to have the option to make phone calls.
- Headphones. Cheapy Apple headphones.
- Fisher Space Pen. Sorry, didn’t even realize it was in one of the pouches. Great pen, though.
Things I Want to Add
- Towel. No reason needed, an indispensable tool.
- Paracord Bracelet. Having rope or something to tie or hang from is always handy.
- Flashlight. Again, another tool that comes in handy more often than not.